ECEDHA Member Benefits
ECEDHA is the premier academic association of its kind encompassing all major electrical engineering, computer engineering, and related programs at universities across North America.
The following benefits are exclusive to ECEDHA members. Please click on the links for more information.
- Annual Conference and ECExpo: At the Annual Conference and ECExpo, ECEDHA members gather to discuss the issues affecting your universities and ECE curriculum. Discussion topics include globalization, department management, corporate connections, recruitment, retention, graduate employment, accreditation, and much more.
- Annual Survey: ECEDHA administers an annual survey collecting data regarding lab and office space, faculty and department head salaries, research budgets, student retention, graduation rates, and much more. A comprehensive report is compiled withA new interactive data system allows participating ECEDHA members to perform custom queries of the ECEDHA survey data. Survey participants have access to this valuable data for benchmarking your university against similar institutions.
- The ECE Source E-Newsletter: ECEDHA's monthly e-newsletter features articles on timely topics of interest to members, top news topics, corporate interviews and product information, ECEDHA regional updates, as well as updates on organization news.
- ECE Webinars: A new educational training tool for electrical and computer engineering educators featuring convenient online education on relevant topics facing ECE faculty today.
- Corporate Connections: Build relationships with industry and enhance your students' college experiences. Learn about the latest lab equipment, text books, and materials for your current students as well as network with companies for recruiting, internship, and co-op opportunities at the ECEDHA Annual Conference's ECExpo.
- Member Communications: The ECEDHA office maintains an accurate database of all ECEDHA members, provides mailing lists for departmental newsletters and other communications. It also maintains a private email list so that members' inboxes will not overflow with unsolicited mail. The online calendar and ECEDHA Source Newsletter announces upcoming workshops that may be of interest to members and directs them to find out more information without email blasts.
- Specialized Workshops: ECEDHA hosts specialized workshops on timely topics for the members. The National Science Foundation (NSF) has issued grants for series of workshops on power and energy curriculum development, nanotechnology, and globalization. Also, ECEDHA hosts a workshop for upcoming ABET reviews prior to the Annual Conference each year.
- Regional Meetings: ECEDHA members gather in smaller, targeted regional groups to discuss the issues affecting your universities that the entire membership may not be facing. These smaller networking opportunities are key in learning about new and innovative programs at other universities and will benefit everyone involved.
- Awards: ECEDHA recognizes outstanding achievements of its members. The Robert M. Janowiak Outstanding Leadership and Service Award, Innovative Program Award, Diversity Award, and Corporate Award are presented annually at the ECEDHA Annual Conference and ECExpo.
- Job Posting: ECEDHA members are invited to post job announcements for open faculty or department head positions. The additional visibility of your recruiting efforts will help attract the ideal candidate for your university.
- Leadership Perspectives: Hear from leading industry experts as they share key insight on the trends between industry and academia, as well their commitment for fostering education, providing scholarships, and developing new technology. ECEDHA's Corporate Executive Interviews are included in the ECEDHA Source Newsletter.
- Online Tools: The online directory provides members the opportunity to update their own university information and contact their colleagues individually. In addition, corporate sponsors feature product demos, ECE Spotlights, ECEDHA Perspectives, and much more content to help members find the right tools and information to enhance their departments.